Jewelry: What to wear with that hair?


Welcome to our 2nd post!  This post was inspired by the last one:  Jewelry: Less is More...Maybe.  In the last post I mentioned my Mohawk haircut with both sides of my head shaved and bearing designs. So that got me thinking. With that much personality in one hairstyle, what do I wear with this hair? How much jewelry is too much? Do you need to wear anything more than a simple pair of earrings? Or do I really go over the top and break out 5 gold chains? Let's explore.

Before I jumped off of the Mohawk cliff, I had a cute modest short curly cut. Throughout middle school, high school and college I was the girl that wasn’t afraid to try a daring hair style. I've worn a lot of wigs, braids and even sew-ins but I have always wanted to shave a design or two into my hair.

Little known fact: I used to style hair back in engineering school for extra money. I’m a natural with a curling iron. I could mimic just about any hairstyle I saw. People would tell me “you have got to open a beauty salon." For a minute I had dreams of becoming a traveling hairstylist. But while I was in college I decided to start my own business in my studio apartment making handbags and jewelry instead. Pretty cool, right! Wait, how did I get here? I will tell you how I got started in another post. Anyways….

So this past Valentine’s Day I did just that. I went for the Mohawk and got simple line designs cut into my hair on both sides. Yes! I thought, “I did it!” But wait, would my favorite “silver 3 strand sure to get a nod from a passerby” necklace be too much? Yes, in most cases since my pants and skirts are always too busy to smell the roses. I feel good about my hair. The confidence to pull it off is the key. I know my hair is all I need. That, a ring and a set of too lit for my outfit finger nails with matching toes.

Hair done by me. Cut by hubby.

We’ve all heard “wear a simple necklace with a pair of earrings with that updo.” That is the rule to break. If anything an updo or short cut is the perfect time to show off that wow statement necklace that you have been dying to wear. Let that statement necklace and a pair of amazing earrings be enough. When wearing your hair down, go with a simple pair of earrings and a simple necklace. Your hair is an accessory in itself. Wear it with confidence.  Don’t over style yourself. If your look feels over worked, most likely it is. Trust your gut to tell you when it’s right.               

No matter if you rock a bob, braids, twists, pixie cut, finger waves or a faux hawk, wear it with confidence. Confidence is your much needed and best accessory. You are always enough. Accessories just upgrade the package.

Be you like only you can and have fun doing it!

Check out our fashion jewelry at denisearmandinc.com and be on the lookout for our upcoming Spotlight Jewelry of the Month campaign.

If on denisearmandinc.com website, click here to comment on Blogger.

Written by Denise Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jewelry: Less is More...Maybe

Our New "Boutique Partner": KNAR Boutique